Casollalegno has become a leader in the Wood Industry of Italy with its production of pallets, wooden packaging, larch poles, and sawn timber for building.
Our certificates guarantee our interest in the care of the environment and our continued commitment to sustainability!
The wooden pallets and packaging materials are a key element in the transportation of goods and integrated logistic companies. At Casollalegno, our production focuses on sustainability and the environment.
Our sawmill in Trentino chose to orientate their business around sustainable development principles, allowing significant energy savings both in terms of materials and CO2 emissions. We are proud of our environmental policy for the development of a green economy and we are aware that this is one of the strengths of our company ... but is not the only one!
Constantly investing to obtain total sustainability:
- Renewable energy: the photovoltaic systems on our farm buildings have a capacity of 150 kw / h and are able to meet one third of the electricity needs of the sawmill, saving 76,230 kg of CO2 emissions per year (equal to the consumption of a car that travels 498,235 kilometers). We would also like to point out that we produce over 15,000 m3 of lumber per year, sawmill plants require a significant amount of energy.
- Precise accounts on energy savings: With every kWh (kilowatt hour), 750 grams of CO2 emissions will be spared as well as other greenhouse gases.
- Biomass: The thermal energy required to dry the wood is produced by a plant combustion biomass fed with scraps of wood in the form of wood chips and sawdust.
- Caring for the environment: the use of larch wood allows a long-term investment both in terms of life of the product and in respect of environmental protection. A 100% natural product that comes from using local products.
- The objective of our environmental policy: to become a company within the Italian Wood System that is, environmentally speaking, 100% sustainable.